Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of others? It is time to consider a career as a nurse! Whether in a hospital setting, doctor’s office or private duty, nurses have moved beyond the role of being the doctor’s assistant. Today’s nurses are responsible for encouraging the health of individuals and families, and play an essential role in the physical and emotional care of patients. Become part of this century’s highly respected and sought-after profession. The opportunities are endless, and McFatter’s Practical Nursing program is the place the start! Theory, laboratory, simulation, and clinical experiences are integrated into the curriculum providing an opportunity to learn
|PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|Practical Nursing Foundation 1||300 Hours|
|Practical Nursing Foundation 2||300 Hours|
|Medical Surgical Nursing 1||300 Hours|
|Medical Surgical Nursing 2||300 Hours|
|Comprehensive Nursing and Transitional Skills||150 Hours|
Completion rate (2014-15): 86%
Placement rate (2014-15): 100%
NCLEX P.N. pass rate (2016): 81%
- Applicants must have a standard high school diploma or GED®.
- Schedule the TABE ($10) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption to your program counselor
- Schedule the TEAS ($60) with your program counselor or provide official documentation for an exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for a program specific orientation.
- Applicants must complete a physical examination report, immunization record, drug screening (approved vendor only), and background check (approved vendor only).
- Register for classes during open enrollment.
Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis. For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Program Hours and Schedule:
1350 Hours/12 Months/Hybrid
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
This program is offered five times per year in August, November, February, April, and July.
Industry Certification and Licensure:
National Licensed Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN)
- Physician Offices
- Outpatient Care Facilities
- Home Health Care
- Nursing Homes
- Nursing Care Facilities
For additional information about national and program accreditation, contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition/Registration Fees||$4,308.00|
|Out of State Tuition/Registration Fees||$15,648.00|
|Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||$390.00|
|Total Program Cost (Florida Resident)||$5,675.00|
|Total Program Cost (Out of State)||$17,015.00|
Fees listed are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Counselor for Practical Nursing
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.