HEIDI DENNIS WONDER WOMAN SCHOLARSHIP & LIFT MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
The Heidi Dennis Wonder Woman Scholarship is a one-time, need-based scholarship that provides financial assistance and mentorship to women who are pursuing higher education or vocational studies in order to support themselves and their families. This $1500 scholarship may be applied to education-related expenses such as tuition, books and supplies, testing and graduation fees, and more.
As part of the scholarship award, recipients will also be enrolled in our LIFT (Leaders Inspiring Future Trailblazers) Mentorship program where they will be paired with a mentor for one full year to support them on their journey to advance their education, career and personal goals. Participation in the LIFT Mentorship Program is a requirement of the Heidi Dennis Wonder Woman Scholarship award.
To qualify you must:
- Identify as a woman
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Minimum second year student at an accredited college, university, or trade school located in South Florida
- Reside in Broward, Miami-Dade or Palm Beach Counties
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or be on a student visa
- Qualify for financial aid
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a professional entity
GoeRehabs.org Fall 2023 College Scholarships
$1,750 In Scholarships For College Students To Be Awarded
At Rehabs.org, we believe nothing should stand in the way of recovery. That’s why we created the industry’s most comprehensive online addiction resource, offering a library of educational content, information on addiction treatment programs, and access to a wealth of free recovery assets.
Recognizing the obvious disparities associated with addiction and overdose fatalities, Rehabs.org decided to launch a free scholarship contest for BIPOC college students. By providing financial assistance to help pay for books, tuition, or daily expenses, we hope to encourage more students of color to develop a passion for raising awareness about the risks and dangers associated with addiction.
Rehabs.org strives to provide equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds, and we are proud to support students in their unique educational journeys.
How To Enter
- Review Eligibility: Before entering the contest, review the Terms/Conditions requirements and the rules and regulations below to make sure you qualify.
- Complete Application: Complete the contest application form below providing all required information.
- Submit: Once your essay is written, save as a Word Doc or PDF and submit with your scholarship contest application.
Essay Topic And Guidelines
Essay must be submitted with the application, which should include the author’s name, address, phone number, email address, college (including the date of graduation), and student ID number.
- All entries must be typed, double-spaced, and saved as a Word Doc or PDF.
- Do not add pictures or graphics
- Essays that do not meet the word count requirement will be eliminated. (The essay title or added references / footnotes do not contribute to the total word count.)
- A contestant’s teacher, counselor, or parent may check the essay for punctuation, grammar, and/or spelling, but the essay MUST BE the original work of the student making the submission.
- Contestants will be judged based solely on their essay.
USING YOUR OWN WORDS, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 500-700 WORDS:
- In your own opinion, what are some of the most common reasons young people begin abusing alcohol and drugs?
- How would you teach young people to resist peer pressure? Explain in detail.
Rules And Regulations
- Essay must be the original work of the contestant. Plagiarism will automatically disqualify your entry.
- Contest awards and decisions are final unless an entrant is disqualified.
- Essay submissions that do not meet the requirements (listed above) or sent after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Essay award winners grant Rehabs.org the right to use their essay content in connection with this contest, marketing efforts, and publication of the essay, as well as the right to use the winners’ names and/or identifying information to promote the contest.
- Rehabs.org will read and judge each eligible essay submitted on time; essays submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or read.
- Contest prizes (scholarship award monies) can be revoked after awards are given if entrants are discovered to be ineligible or found to have broken contest rules.
- Rehabs.org reserves the right to change submission deadline to an earlier deadline if application submissions greatly exceed the number projected. Prospective applicants should enter as early as possible.
- Should Rehabs.org have to change any contest rules, we will notify participants via email. If participants are dissatisfied with changes, they may retract their submission.
- All federal, state, and local charges or taxes on prizes must be paid by award winners.
- Essay submissions for this contest become property of Rehabs.org to be used and reproduced.
Art Plumbing, AC, and Electric Scholarship - Due 5.31.2023
Art Plumbing, AC, & Electric Scholarship-Due 5.31.2023
One $5,000 scholarship available
Two $2,500 scholarships available
ELIGIBILITY FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarships are available for accredited technical schools in Broward or Palm Beach Counties in Florida.
- The applicant must be in good standing at their high school.
- Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric employees, their relatives, and associates are ineligible.
- Applicant must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Applicant is required to submit at least one letter of recommendation.
- Applicant is required to submit an essay summarizing their goals in the technical industry and their personal objectives. This essay must be a maximum of 500 typewritten words (not handwritten).
- The application form and all supporting documentation must be received by Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric no later than 11:59 pm on May 31st, 2023.
- Applicant must be accepted/enrolled in a technical school prior to disbursement of scholarship funds.
- Grade point average. (for current students)
- Typed essay.
- Letter’s of recommendation.
- Community involvement and/or charitable works.
- Extracurricular involvement in school.
- Employment history if applicable.
SELECTION AND JUDGES
- All applications will be verified for accuracy. Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the information submitted and without regard to income, race, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, or familial status. Factors considered will be judged as a whole, leading to the choices of well-rounded individuals.
- Judges’ decisions will be final. Requirements may be amended as deemed necessary by judges. Judges’ choices will be made known to the recipients no later than June 9th, 2023.
- The scholarship recipients agree to have their photo and name featured in Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric communications, including social media, advertising, and media press releases.
Click here for the full application and details.
GED® Out-of-School Youth Program / Get your GED® for free! - AWARDS ARE ONGOING
GED® Prep students ages 16-24 are eligible for free GED® tuition and testing through this out-of-school youth (OSY) grant. See flyer below and speak with your GED® instructor or Mrs. Franzie Williams (the GED® counselor) for how to participate in this program.
Community Service Block Grant - AWARDS ARE ONGOING
Community Service Block Grant
The Community Service Block Grant Self-Sufficiency Case Management Program assists individuals and families in setting goals, learning skills and accessing services needed to remove barriers to help customers become self-sufficient.
Case Management Services
Education Assistance: Tuition, Books & Supplies
Attend Orientation on the first Friday of every month at 9:30AM at the Edgar P. Mills Multipurpose Center located at 900 NW 31st Avenue, Fort Lauderdale. Phone: 954-357-5025
COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (CSBG) 200% OF THE POVERTY INCOME GUIDELINES*
Webstaurant Store Scholarships - AWARDS ARE ONGOING
The Webstaurant Store Scholarship program is now offering two $5,000 grants to eligible students to help further their education in the fields of culinary arts or hospitality. We want to reward current or prospective students enrolled in a culinary arts program or majoring in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management.
Whether you’ve already begun your secondary education or you’re in the exciting stages of choosing the right program, we invite you to apply. The scholarship program is also open to students who’ve come by their diploma through a GED program or non-traditional learning environment. We’ve set up each grant to be inclusive and support the next generation of passionate chefs and restaurant managers, regardless of socioeconomic status and current academic achievements. Click here to apply- Webstaurant Scholarships Info
American Muscle Automotive Scholarships - AWARDS ARE ONGOING
American Muscle is offering 2 currently enrolled students or high school seniors who are pursuing post-secondary education an opportunity to be awarded $2,500 in tuition assistance towards their upcoming semester! This scholarship is ongoing and will be available for both the spring and fall semesters each year. Scholarship page: https://www.americanmuscle.com/scholarships.html
American Trucks Scholarship - AWARDS ARE ONGOING
American Trucks’ Student Scholarship Program is pleased to offer 2 x $2500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in the traditional building trades such as HVAC, carpentry, electrical, or related fields of study. One scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester, and one scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester each year.
Available to students who are currently enrolled full-time in a secondary vocational school, technical institute, or are high school seniors who are enrolled in one of the aforementioned institutes. Scholarship page: https://www.americantrucks.com/scholarships.html