McFatter Technical College
The William T. McFatter Technical College and Technical High School has a vision to change the lives of people from all backgrounds through innovative education.
In working to achieve this vision, it is our mission to promote excellence in academic, career, and technical studies in order to prepare students to enter and remain competitive in a global workforce.
We the faculty and staff of McFatter Technical College and Technical High School, commit ourselves to providing a quality education for all students. The college encourages academic and technical curiosity, innovation and creativity by providing rigorous academics and state of the art technical programs. Our postsecondary students are prepared to meet the challenges of a demanding local workforce, and our secondary graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills for success in a four-year university, a community college or an elected technical area. We reinforce our caring philosophy by setting common goals for all students while providing the personalization necessary to allow for flexibility in meeting their goals. We emphasize the importance of providing students with the tools to make them resourceful, analytical and productive members of society. As a technical college with a technical high school, we seek to meet the needs of students of all ages and to promote positive relationships among parents, students, teachers, business leaders and all community stakeholders.
- All students should master essential skills.
- Teachers should encourage students to learn by employing “student as worker” and “teacher as coach” strategies.
- Successful completion and graduation are based on an exhibition of mastery.
- The tone of the school should emphasize trust and decency among all members of the school community.
- A student’s self-worth is enhanced by positive and mutual respect that honors diversity.
- All students can learn through different strategies that accommodate their needs and abilities.
- All individuals should continuously enhance and upgrade their skills through continuing education in any of its many forms, including college level courses, in-service workshops, field experience, internships or industry visitations.
- All academic and technical endeavors should be of high quality and performance-based, whether the goal is a General Education Diploma, a high school diploma, or a technical certificate of completion.
- Any graduate seeking employment should receive the full benefits of our job placement specialist in locating an appropriate placement.
Broward County Public Schools
Educating today’s students to succeed in tomorrow’s world.
Educating all students to reach their highest potential.