Digital Printing Technology
NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
Learn the graphic design aspect of the printing and graphic arts industry. Become proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. Receive instruction in typography, design & layout and color principles. Be trained in electronic prepress operations and the components of digital printing systems. Become Adobe Photoshop certified.
The Digital Printing Technology program covers the basic principles of computer graphics, design, layout, typography and proper PDF and file formatting. Adobe software applications InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are used to cover page layout, illustration, and photo manipulation. Create and print projects for your portfolio such as logos, business forms, posters, package designs, newsletters, brochures, business cards and T-shirts.
- Take the test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Ms. Franzie Williams by calling (754) 321-5732
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Digital Printing Technology course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have acceptable scores on the TABE: Reading, 9.0, Math 9.0, Language 9.0 – all on the “Difficult” level before completing certificate in Digital Printing Technology.
- Complete FAFSA online, if needed, and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor.
Total Program Length: 990 Hours/10 Months/Hybrid
Students enrolled in distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
Monday-Friday – 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Council on Occupational Education
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by selected Florida State Colleges.
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Digital Printing Technology
(754) 321-5840 or (754) 321-5700
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees:
Florida Resident – $3159.00
* Prices are subject to change.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.