How to Apply
Applicants for technical programs must attend one of the departmental orientations which are scheduled on a weekly basis. Individual counselor interviews are scheduled following each orientation program to discuss test results, program placement, special needs, and registration procedures. Referrals to the Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE) Center are made if minimum basic skill levels have not been achieved. Registration for postsecondary students is held three times annually (August, January, and June).
Applicants must complete an Application for Technical Center Enrollment through their high school guidance counselor. The completed application is forwarded to McFatter Technical College along with a copy of the student’s transcript. Students are accepted on a space available basis. All high school applicants are scheduled for a counselor interview with their parents.
Orientation is scheduled with individual program counselors. Each session is limited. Orientation provides information pertaining to curricula, costs, entry requirements, support services, financial aid, and general institutional policies.
Registration Information – Postsecondary Students Only:
- Each semester has a $30.00 non-refundable registration fee (lab fee, and applicable insurance fee for Health Science Programs).
- There is an annual $10.00 Student Activity Fee.
- Tuition and lab fees are subject to change by the Florida Legislature and/or the Broward County School Board.
- Semester length is 18 weeks.
- Classes are subject to cancellation is minimum enrollment is not met.
- Proper I.D. for testing is required. Example: Valid Florida Drivers License, valid passport and/or a valid Florida I.D.
- Fees listed are for Florida residents
- NOTE: Students enrolling in all programs must provide 2 proofs of Florida residence (1 year living in the state) in order to be eligible for the Florida Residency fees. Veterans are exempt from non-resident fees.
- ESOL requires a photo ID at the time of testing and registration. Listed are some examples of acceptable proof:
- Valid Florida’s Drivers License
- Florida Voter Registration
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- NEW – In-State Tuition Requirements for Select Immigrant Florida High School Graduates:
CLICK ON THE BLUE LINKS BELOW TO READ THE REQUIREMENTS, INSTRUCTIONS AND FILL OUT THE FORM: In State Tuition Requirements for Select Immigrant Florida High School Graduates Declaration Letter from
In State Tuition Requirements for Select Immigrant Florida High School Graduates Declaration Letter
Guidelines for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes:
Guidelines for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
Know Your Rights-English:
Know Your Rights English
Conozca Sus Derechos-Espanol:
Conozca Sus Derechos Espanol
Frequently Asked Questions-Know Your Rights:
FAQs Know Your Rights
Preguntas Frecuentes-Declaracion de Residencia en al Florida para Fines de la Matricula:
PREGUNTAS FRECUENTES Declaracion de Residencia en la Florida para Fines de la Matricula
HOW TO GUIDE TO FILL OUT FORM – Florida Residency Declaration for Tuition Purposes:
HOW TO GUIDE TO FILL OUT FORM FL Residency Declaration for Tuition Purposes
GUIA PARA LLENAR EL FORMULARIO DE APLICACION Para La Matricula Estatal de la Florida:
Guía para llenar el formulario de aplicación para la matricula estatal de la Florida
Florida Residency Declaration for Tuition Purposes FORM from the Department of Education:
Florida Residency Declaration For Tuition Purposes FORM from DOE