If you are interested in building a foundation of knowledge and skills to become employed in the accounting and business field, then this is the program for you! Over the course of 9 months, the Accounting Operations program will train you in accounting principles, methods of recording and analyzing business transactions, and preparing financial statements, records and forms. Students will be introduced to spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and accounting software (QuickBooks) and will learn to enter data, analyze and present financial reports using these programs. the state-approved curriculum is delivered through in-class and on-line learning activities.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|OTA0040||Information Technology Assistant||150 Hours|
|ACO0040||Accounting Clerk||300 Hours|
|ACO0041||Accounting Associate||300 Hours|
|ACO0042||Accounting Assistant||150 Hours|
- Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
Program Hours and Schedule:
900 Hours/9 Months/Hybrid
Class: Monday – Thursday, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Online: 14 hours per week
Industry Certification and Licensure:
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll Specialist
- Administrative Service Specialist
- Office Support Specialist
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition||$2,520.00|
|Out of State Tuition||$10,080.00|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees||$250.00|
|Books / Supplies||$167.00|
|Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||Included|
|Florida Resident Total Cost||$2,937.00|
|Out of State Total Cost||$10,497.00|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions Counselor for Accounting Operations:
Mary Barone, Certified School Counselor
(754) 321-5840 or Mary.Barone@browardschools.com