Applied Welding Technology
COMPLETE IN 12 MONTHS
NEXT DAY CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
NEXT EVENING/HYBRID CLASS (COMPLETE IN 22 MONTHS) BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017 (Hybrid)
The Welding Technology program offers students the opportunity to become skilled welders and welder helpers by providing instruction in the basics of welding, with equal emphasis on theory and hands-on experience. You will learn to confidently use gas and electric welding equipment. You will learn to work with steel, aluminum and stainless steel metals. Along with the hands-on training, you will learn blueprint reading and applied math. You will, at completion of all aspects of Welding Technology, be eligible to gain an AWS welding certification.
Among the subjects covered in McFatter’s Welding Technology program are:
- Welder Helper
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Gas-Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Gas-Tungsten Arc Welding
- Pipe Welding
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with a Program Counselor by calling (754) 321-5700.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores) Can start Welding Tech course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have acceptable scores on the TABE: 9.0 in Reading, 9.0 in Math, 9.0 in Language on the “Difficult” level before completing certificate in Welding Technology
- Complete the FAFSA application online and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor, if needed.
- Register for the next available Welding Technology course.
Students enrolled in distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their techology program or adult education course.
|Full Time DAY/Hybrid (12 Months)||Monday-Thursday on campus
|8:00 am – 2:30 pm ONLINE|
|Part Time EVENINGS/Hybrid (22 Months)||Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Wednesday||6:00 pm – 10:00 pm ONLINE|
Industry Certifications Available:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study. American Welding Society Certified Welder
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Welding Technology
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees*:
Florida Resident: $3723.00*
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must bring two types of identification as proof of residency.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.