Principles of Teaching
NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 21, 2017
Principles of Teaching Program- 600 hours:
The Principles of Teaching Program prepares students for employment as teacher assistants within the Broward County Public School System. The course content includes responsibilities and tasks of a Teacher Assistant: lesson planning and implementation, classroom management techniques, rules, regulations, and standard procedures within the Broward County School system, and a review for the Broward County mandated ParaPro Assessment.
Principles of Teaching Program content includes:
- Responsibilities of a teacher assistant
- The teacher and teacher assistant relationship
- Teacher assistant tasks
- School personnel handbook
- Growth stages of children and adolescents
- Teacher’s lesson plans and lesson objectives
- Working with the disadvantaged and special needs children
- Effects of drug and alcohol abuse
- Child abuse and its relationship to school employees
- Rules, regulations and standard procedures
- Observation and reporting of critical incidents
- Techniques to assist with various behavior issues
- Operation of Macintosh computer and software programs used in schools
- Familiarization with AV equipment<
- School media center reference systems
- Preparation of visual aids and educational games
- First aid and safety procedures
- Supervision of playground and equipment;
- Student illness and accident procedures
- knowledge of school forms
- Application of basic skills
- Tasks/activities teacher assistants may not perform
- ParaPro Assessment review.
Full Time: Monday – Friday 9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Part Time: Monday – Friday 9:15 am – 12:45 pm
Florida Resident – $1760.*
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Ms. Rachel Victor, Counselor for Principles of Teaching
Call today to find out more about our Principles of Teaching Program!
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.