As a Licensed Pharmacy Technician, you can become part of one of the fastest growing careers in the medical field. Our training program is designed to teach students the knowledge and skills needed to work closely with pharmacists in retail/community and hospital pharmacies. In our program, students will learn how to assist in filling and labeling medications using a computer-based program, manage purchases and inventory, and maintain accurate medical records and patient profiles. Students will also focus on medication distribution systems, preparing unit dose medications, aseptic technique, and sterile IV’s under USP-797 guidelines. Clinical experiences will take place in both retail/community and hospital pharmacies. Graduates of this program are eligible to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and become registered and licensed by the Florida board of Pharmacy.
|Program Number||Program Title||Program Length|
|HSC0003||Basic Healthcare Worker||90 Hours|
|PTN0084||Pharmacy Technician 1||360 Hours|
|PTN0085||Pharmacy Technician 2||300 Hours|
|PTN0086||Pharmacy Technician 3||300 Hours|
- Applicants must have a standard high school diploma or GED®.
- Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Applicants must complete a physical examination report and immunization record, drug screening (approved vendor only), and background check (approved vendor only),
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
Program Hours and Schedule:
1050 Hours/10 Months/Hybrid
Full-time: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Industry Certification and Licensure:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Florida Board of Pharmacy License – Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Community/Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Mail Order Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Representative
- Insurance Companies
- Compounding Pharmacies
- Home IV Pharmacy
The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. For additional information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition/Registration Fees||$3,303.00|
|Out of State Tuition/Registration Fees||$12,123.00|
|Industry Certification & Licensure Exam||$129.00|
|Total Program Cost (Florida Resident)||$3778.00|
|Total Program Cost (Out of State)||$12,598.00|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Counselor for Pharmacy Technician
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.