Network Support Services
NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
Complete the Network Support Services program and you can be employed as any of the following:
- Information Technology Assistant
- Computer Support Assistant
- Network Support Help Desk Assistant
- Network Support Administrator
- Senior Network Administrator
- Wireless Network Administrator
- Data Communication Analyst
In addition, the Network Support Services program can alternatively provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupational areas. You will study traditional networking theory as well as practical application with the use of simulations and physical equipment. The program focuses not only on the internet as a whole, but also on configuring and administering the networks that compose it. After complete Network Support Services, you will be able to configure, verify, administer, and troubleshoot corporate, home, and small office routers and switches using Cisco IOS, a command-line-operating-system with the use of programs such as HyperTerminal and Cisco Packet Tracer.
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Length|
|A||OTA0040||Information Technology Assistant||150 Hours|
|B||EEV0504||Computer Support Assistant||150 Hours|
|C||CTS0022||Network Support Help Desk Assistant||150 Hours|
|D||CTS0023||Network Support Administrator||150 Hours|
|E||CTS0024||Senior Network Administrator||150 Hours|
|F||CTS0029||Wireless Network Administrator||150 Hours|
|G||EEV0317||Data Communications Analyst||150 Hours|
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview by calling Ms. Mary Barone at (754) 321-5840.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary.
- Have acceptable scores on the TABE: 9.0 in Reading, 9.0 in Math, and 9.0 in Language on the Difficult level.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor if needed.
- Register for the Network Support Services course.
Total Program Length: 1050 Hours
|Monday-Friday||8:00 am-2:30 pm|
Industry Certifications Available:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
CompTIA A+ and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Network Support Services
Approximate Total Cost of Program – Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
Florida Resident: $3465.00
Non-Florida Resident: call (754) 321-5700
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must bring two types of identification as proof of residency.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.