Marine Service Technologies
NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 21, 2017
Marine Service Technology (VA)
Join the ranks of South Florida’s marine mechanics industry once you develop the necessary skills to:
- Overhaul and
- Repair Marine Systems and their components
The curriculum includes:
- Electrical Theory as it pertains to ABYC and NMEA standards
- Electronics Installation:
- Depth Finders and
- Communications Systems
This is a 12 month program (in a blended format combining classroom and online instruction) to include:
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||MTE0003||Marine Rigger||300 Hours|
|B||MTE0090||Outboard Engine Technician||300 Hours|
|C||MTE0074||Outboard Engine Diagnostics Technician||150 Hours|
|D||MTE0092||Inboard Gas Engine Technician||300 Hours|
|E||MTE0093||Drive Train Technician||150 Hours|
|F||MTE0056||Inboard Diesel Technician||150 Hours|
Students will be taken through marine sub-systems:
- Applicants must pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Acceptable scores: 9.0 in Reading, 9.0 in Math, 9.0 in Language on the Difficult level.
- Schedule an appointment with the program counselor/advisor – Ms. Mary Barone at (754) 321-5840.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor, if needed.
- Register for the Marine Technology Service Course.
Total Program Length: 1350 Hours
Program Schedule: Students enrolled in distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
|Full Time||Monday-Thursday on campus, Friday online||8:00 am – 2:30 pm|
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
- Mercury Certificate
- ABYC Electrician
- Bombardier (John & Evinrude) Certificate
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Marine Service Technologies
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
Florida Resident $5136.*
Non Florida Resident – Call (754) 321-5700 for more information.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.