Dental Lab Technology
NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 21, 2017
The Dental Laboratory Technology program is an 18-month program, which includes a 5 week internship.
- Oral Anatomy/Tooth Morphology
- Complete Denture Prosthodontics
- Removable Partial Restorations
- Fixed Restorations (crown and bridge)
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper metal design for individual and multiple unit P.F.M. restorations and application of porcelain.
- Design and fabricate restorations containing attachments/implants that are aesthetically incorporated in the ceramic structure.
- Fabrication of all ceramic restorations:
- Refractory technique
- Press technique
- Fabricate fixed restorations using Micro Hybrid Composite.
Students work with a variety of materials including waxes, plastics, silicone rubber, non-precious alloys, stainless steel, and porcelain.
||Course Title||Teacher Certification||Length||SOC Code|
|A||DTE0400||Orientation to Dental Laboratory Technology||DEN LABTEC 7G||18 Hours||31-9099|
|B||DET0433||Denture Technician 1||DEN LABTEC 7G||319 Hours||31-9099|
|B||DTE0434||Denture Technician 2||DEN LABTEC 7G||319 Hours||31-9099|
|C||DTE0435||Advanced Denture Technician||DEN LABTEC 7G||349 Hours||31-9099|
|D||DTE0441||Crown and Bridge Technician||DEN LABTEC 7G||285 Hours||31-9099|
|E||DTE0461||Ceramic Technician||DEN LABTEC 7G||285 Hours||31-9099|
|F||DTE0451||Implant, Attachment & Hybrid Restoration Technician||DEN LABTEC 7G||285 Hours||31-9099|
Entrance Requirements: Students must have a regionally accredited high school diploma or GED upon entry.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) to qualify for the program. Please visit the Registration Office with $10 and a photo ID to schedule.
- Schedule to meet with the program counselor to review TABE scores and enroll in ABE/AAAE classes, if necessary.
- Attend a Medical Technology Orientation (by appointment only).
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact the Financial Aid Department at (754) 321-5738.
- Register for the next available Dental Laboratory course.
Total Program Length:
FULL TIME: 2040 Hours/18 months
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Industry Certifications Available:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
This program is recognized by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Meghan Emerson, Counselor for Dental Lab Technology
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:Florida Resident $6526.
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.