Automotive Service Technology
The Automotive Service Technology program prepares participants for careers in the world of automotive service and repair. Our students study with highly qualified instructors in a state-of-the-art facility while they are exposed to the increasingly technical field of Automotive Service Technology.
Our NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) certified program will prepare participants for an exciting career in the ever changing and evolving world of Automotive Service Technology. Our specialized courses are aligned with ASE/NATEF standards and will prepare participants for either work, or an advanced level of continuing education.
Students are exposed to the technical background necessary to service, repair, diagnose, and overhaul automobile systems and their components. This Automotive Service program gives students a proper foundation for all automotive service and repair, including basic principles pertaining to safety when working on cars and their systems.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|AER0014||Automobile Assistor||300 Hrs.|
|AER0110||Automotive Brake System Tech||150 Hrs.|
|AER0257||Automobile Suspension and Steering Tech||150 Hrs.|
|AER0274||Automotive Electrical/Electronic System||300 Hrs.|
|AER0453||Engine Repair Technician||150 Hrs.|
|AER0418||Automotive Engine Performance Technician||300 Hrs.|
|AER0172||Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Technician||150 Hrs.|
|AER0503||Manual Drivetrain and Axle Technician||150 Hrs.|
- Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
Program Hours and Schedule:
1800 Hours/18 Months/Hybrid
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Industry Certification and Licensure:
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Maintenance and Light Repair Technician
- Quick Service/Apprentice Technician
- Auto Parts Counter Sales
- Brake Technician
- Steering and Suspension Technician
- Tire/Wheel Alignment Technician
- Heat and Air Conditioning Technician
- Engine/Performance Technician
- Transmission/Driveline Technician
- Service Advisor Specialist
- Service/Shop Manager
- OEM/Independent Technician
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition/Registration Fees||$6,110.00|
|Out of State Tuition/Registration Fees||$21,230.00|
|Industry Certification & Licensure Exam||$73.00|
|Total Program Cost (Florida Resident)||$6,742.00|
|Total Program Cost (Out of State)||$21,862.00|
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Counselor for Automotive Service Technology
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.