Automotive Service Technology
NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
COMPLETE IN 18 MONTHS-FULL TIME
The Automotive Service Technology program prepares participants for careers in the world of automotive service and repair. Our students study with highly qualified instructors in a state-of-the-art facility while they are exposed to the increasingly technical field of Automotive Service Technology.
Our NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) certified program will prepare participants for an exciting career in the ever changing and evolving world of Automotive Service Technology. Our specialized courses are aligned with ASE/NATEF standards and will prepare participants for either work, or an advanced level of continuing education.
Students are exposed to the technical background necessary to service, repair, diagnose, overhaul automobile systems and their components. This Automotive Service program gives students a proper foundation for all automotive service and repair, including basic principles pertaining to safety when working on cars and their systems.
- Automobile Services Assister
- Engine Repair Technician
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Technician
- Manual Drivetrain and Axle Technician
- Automobile Suspension and Steering Technician
- Automotive Brake System Technician
- Automotive Electrical/Electronic System Technician
- Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Technician
- Automotive Engine Performance Technician
Course Content Breakdown – 1800 Hours:
|COURSE TITLE||COURSE LENGTH|
|Automobile Services Assistor||300 Hrs.|
|Automotive Brake System Technician||150 Hrs.|
|Automobile Suspension and Steering Technician||150 Hrs.|
|Automotive Electrical/Electronic System Technician||300 Hrs.|
|Engine Repair Technician||150 Hrs.|
|Automotive Engine Performance Technician||300 Hrs.|
|Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Technician||150 Hrs.|
|Manual Drivetrain and Axle Technician||150 Hrs.|
|Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Technician||150 Hrs.|
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) (cost – $10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with a Program Counselor by calling (754) 321-5840.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Automotive Service Technology course and attend ABE/AAAE remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have (or achieve through remediation) acceptable scores on the TABE: 9.0 in Reading, 10.0 in Math, and 9.0 in Language on the “Difficult” level.
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact a Financial Aid Advisor at (754) 321-5700.
- Register for the Automotive Service Technology course.
Total Program Length: 1800 Hours/18 Months/Hybrid Course
Students enrolled in distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, student should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Council on Occupational Education
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by selected Florida State Colleges.
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Automotive Service Technology
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*: *Florida Resident $6742.00 – Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.
*Non Florida Resident – call (754) 321-5700 for more information. *Prices are subject to change without notice.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.