COMPLETE IN AS LITTLE AS 7 1/2 MONTHS NEXT CLASS BEGINS January 9, 2018- ONLINE ONLY (Click Here for more information)
Applied Cybersecurity is a hands-on program that will give students real world security scenarios. Students will learn to protect computers from hackers, secure wireless networks, protect computers from malware and identify security threats. Students will also learn how to secure residential, business computers, and fill the demand at public and private companies to address internet security concerns in today’s world. Students will prepare for security+, ethical hacker, and SSCP nationally recognized security industry certifications. Program content includes but is not limited to foundational knowledge and skills in computer and network security, security vulnerabilities, attack mechanisms and techniques, intrusion detection and prevention, cryptographic systems, system hardening, risk identifications, incidence response, penetration testing, key management, access control, and recovery. Specialized program areas focus on database security, planning and analysis, software, and web security. Face-to-face class time will be confirmed by instructor. Admission is once a year.
Prepare for employment as:
- Cybersecurity Associate
- Information Security Manager
- Prerequisite coursework: Certificate of Completion in the Network Support Services program or certification in CompTIA A+ and Network + or CCNA.
- Take the Tests of Adult Basic Skills (TABE). The TABE is required for this program.
- Complete an online proficiency exam prior to enrolling.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor, if needed.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
|CTS0018||Cybersecurity Associate||600 Hours|
|CTS0019||Information Security Manager||150 Hours|
Total Program Length: 750 HOURS ONLINE
Total Program Schedule:
Distance education – 100%
Mary Barone, Counselor for Applied Cybersecurity
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees*
Florida Resident Tuition $2100.00*
*Prices and schedule are subject to change.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.