NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
COMPLETE IN AS LITTLE AS 9 MONTHS
The Accounting Operations Program will prepare you for MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) Certification exams. Learning activities include the use of keyboarding stations, calculators, computers, spreadsheet (MS Excel) and accounting (Quickbooks) software. This is a blended instruction course that includes in-class and on-line learning activities. The Accounting Operations Program will prepare you for the following careers: Accounting Clerk, Bookkeeper, Payroll Clerk, Accounts Receivable/Payable.
- Double-entry accounting principles
- Recording business truncations
- Preparation and analysis of various documents and financial statements
- Payroll records and tax forms
- Accounting control systems
Course Content Breakdown – 900 Hours:
|COURSE TITLE||COURSE LENGTH|
|Information Technology Assistant||150 Hours|
|Accounting Clerk||300 Hours|
|Accounting Associate||300 Hours|
|Accounting Assistant||150 Hours|
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) (cost – $10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Ms. Meghan Emerson by calling (754) 321-5700.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Accounting Operations course and attend ABE/AAAE remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have (or achieve through remediation) acceptable scores on the TABE:Reading – 10.0, Math – 10.0, and Language – 10.0 all on the “Difficult” level.
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact a Financial Aid Advisor at (754) 321-5700.
- Register for the Accounting Operations course.
Total Program Length:
900 Hours/9 Months/Hybrid Course
Students enrolled in distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by the technology program or adult education course.
|Full Time Evenings||Monday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Online||14 Hours per week|
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Council on Occupational Education
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by selected Florida State Colleges.
Ms. Meghan Emerson, Counselor for Accounting Operations
(754) 321-5891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees*:
*Florida Resident $2520.00 – Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency. *Non Florida Resident – call (754) 321-5700 for more information.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.