Architecture, Construction, and Manufacturing
NEXT CLASS BEGINS June 12, 2023
Enter a career in the architecture, construction, and manufacturing fields!
This course has a tendency to fill quickly, therefore when at capacity, a waiting list applies.
The Welding Technology program offers students the necessary skills to enter a challenging and high demand career in the fields of construction, engineering, manufacturing and many more. In our training program, students will learn to use gas and electric welding equipment with steel, aluminum and stainless steel metals. In addition to the necessary hands-on skills, students will become knowledgeable in reading blueprints and applied math. This entry level program consists of:
- Basic manufacturing processes
- Metals identification
- Basic interpretation of welding symbols
- Oxyfuel gas cutting practices
- Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Students will receive instruction in the classroom and will practice hands-on skills in the shop/lab area. The classroom and shop/lab are equipped with the latest tools and equipment to deliver the program curriculum
|PMT0070||Welder Assistant 1||150 Hours|
|PMT0090||Welder Assistant 2||150 Hours|
|PMT0072||Welder, SMAW 1||150 Hours|
|PMT0073||Welder, SMAW 2||150 Hours|
|Florida Resident Tuition||$2,940.00|
|Out of State Tuition||$11,760.00|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees||$903.00|
|Books / Supplies||$317.00|
|Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||$0.00|
|Florida Resident Total Cost||$4,161.00|
|Out of State Total Cost||$12,981.00|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
- Welding Technician
- Plumber, Pipe Fitter
- Structural Metal Worker
- Brazer and Solderer
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Fabricator and Fitter
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.
1050 hours / 10 months full-time; 18 months part-time
August, January, June
*Students enrolled in distance and/or hybrid programs must have daily access to a computer with internet and a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students must have all necessary hardware and software components required by their program.
Days & Times:
- Monday – Thursday:
8:00 am – 2:30 pm Class
Online (6 hours)
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday:
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Class
Online (4 hours)