Graphic Communications and Printing Technology
The Graphic Communications and Printing Technology program is designed to prepare students for entry level employment in the Graphic Communications industry. Students will become proficient in graphic design, prepress fundamentals, and offset lithography operations. The program provides hands-on training and experience in:
• Graphic Design
• Layout & Design
• Computer to plate Technology
• Press operations
• Bindery & Finishing
Students will receive hands on-training in Adobe software and will learn page layout, illustration, scanning, and photo retouching. The Graphic Communications and Printing Technology lab is a full service printing facility.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|GRA0041||Printing & Graphic Communications||450 Hours|
|GRA0042||Digital Production Printing||150 Hours|
|GRA0017||Digital Prepress Operations||450 Hours|
|GRA0045||Offset Printing Technology||450 Hours|
|GRA0046||Finishing and Distribution Processes||150 Hours|
Program Hours and Schedule
1650 Hours | 16 Months | Hybrid*
Class: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Online: Monday – Friday, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
This program is offered five times a year in August, October, January, March and June.
* Students enrolled in distance education and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
|Florida Resident Tuition||$4,620|
|Out of State Tuition||$18,480|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance and Trust Fees||$773|
|Industry Certification Costs||Included|
|Florida Resident Total||$5,743|
|Out of State Total||$19,603|
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Fees listed are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ Calendar.
Industry Certification and Licensure
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
• Graphic Designer
• Bindery Operator
• Pre-Press Operator
• Digital Press Operator
• Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) ($15) or provide official documentation for a TABE exemption to your program counselor.
• Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
• Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321 5700.
Meghan Emerson, Certified School Counselor
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.