Following Class Begins March 13, 2019
Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of others? It is time to consider a career as a nurse! Whether in a hospital setting, doctor’s office or private duty, nurses have moved beyond the role of being the doctor’s assistant. Today’s nurses are responsible for encouraging the health of individuals and families, and play an essential role in the physical and emotional care of patients. Become part of this century’s highly respected and sought-after profession. The opportunities are endless, and McFatter’s Practical Nursing program is the place the start! Theory, laboratory, simulation, and clinical experiences are integrated into the curriculum providing an opportunity to learn.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|PRN0098||Practical Nursing Foundation 1||300 Hrs.|
|PRN0099||Practical Nursing Foundation 2||300 Hrs.|
|PRN0290||Medical Surgical Nursing 1||300 Hrs.|
|PRN0291||Medical Surgical Nursing 2||300 Hrs.|
|PRN0690||Comprehensive Nursing and Transitional Skills||150 Hrs.|
|COMPLETION RATE (2017-18)||80%|
|PLACEMENT RATE (2016-17)||90%|
|FIRST TIME NCLEX TEST-TAKER PASS RATE (2017-18)||96%|
- Applicants must have a standard high school diploma or GED®.
- Schedule the TABE or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption to your program counselo
- Schedule the ATI TEAS ($60) with your program counselor or provide official documentation for an exemption. Click here for information about our TEAS Preparation course and the ATI TEAS test dates.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for a program specific orientation.
- Applicants must complete a physical examination report, immunization record, drug screening (approved vendor only), and background check (approved vendor only).
- Register for classes during open enrollment.
Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis. For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Program Hours and Schedule:
1350 Hours / 12 Months / Hybrid
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
This program is offered five times per year in July, September, December, March, and June
Industry Certification and Licensure:
National Licensed Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN)
- Physician Offices
- Outpatient Care Facilities
- Home Health Care
- Nursing Homes
- Nursing Care Facilities
This program is accredited by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30302
For additional information about national and program accreditation, contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition||$3,780.00|
|Out of State Tuition||$15,120.00|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees||$546.00|
|Books / Supplies||$1,191.64|
|Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||$310.00|
|Florida Resident Total Cost||$5,827.64|
|Out of State Total Cost||$17,167.64|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions Counselor for Practical Nursing: