Medical Administrative Specialist
Enter a career in the accounting and business field!
A Medical Administrative Specialist serves a key role in medical offices, clinics and hospitals. This multi-skilled practitioner is competent in medical records transcription and management, insurance verification, billing and collections, scheduling and processing, and fundamental office management tasks.
This course provides training in the knowledge of current healthcare practices and medical office functions, including medical terminology, preparation of medical documents, utilizing medical references and records management. Training includes the development of the student’s skills by learning software that is utilized in medical offices. Additionally, students will participate in simulated work-based learning experiences to prepare for employment in a medical office.
|Course Number||Course Title||Length|
|OTA0040||Information Technology Assistant||150 hours|
|OTA0041||Front Desk Specialist||300 hours|
|OTA0631||Medical Office Technologist||300 hours|
|OTA0651||Medical Administrative Specialist||300 hours|
|FL Resident Tuition||$2,940|
|Out of State Tuition||$11,760|
|Books and Supplies||$316|
|FL Resident Total||$3,646|
|Out of State Total||$12,466|
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Please visit studentaid.gov to apply.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Bundle Certification (3 of 5)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Claims Benefits Specialist
- Payment Processing Specialist
- Admissions Representative Specialist
- Health Care Coordinator
- Front Desk Specialist
Graduates may be awarded credits towards an Associate of Science Degree or Associate of Applied Science Degree at select Florida state colleges. Please click here for additional details.
- Schedule a basic skills assessment ($15) or provide official documentation of a basic skills exemption to your program counselor/advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor/advisor for basic skills assessment results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Program registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
900 hours/9 months
August, January and June
*Students enrolled in distance and/or hybrid programs must have daily access to a computer with internet and a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students must have all necessary hardware and software components required by their program.
Days & Times:
Traditional – (In Person)
- Monday – Thursday
5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- 14 hours per week
Enroll in our Medical Administrative Specialist program today.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.