GED® Test Preparation
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for academic and personal success through obtaining the necessary skills required to pass the Official GED® tests and be awarded a State of Florida High School Diploma. This program strives to motivate students not only to obtain GED® , but also to utilize the acquired skills in the workforce and to achieve career training and job placement success.
The GED® program is open-entry/open-exit and self paced. Instruction will be provided, using a variety of instructional materials, in the four (4) subject areas measured on the GED® Tests:
- Language Arts, Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
|M – Th||8:30 am – 11:30 am||$30* and for online|
|M – Th||12:00 pm – 3:00 pm||$30* and for online|
|Online||12 hours per week||$30* and for online|
*The fees reflected above do not include a mandatory $20 activity fee (charged yearly). All fees are subject to change without notice.
Take Your GED® Test
McFatter Technical College now offers the new 2014 GED® test on computer; a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge.
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com. A testing fee of $32. per subject is required. Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts – 150 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
- Science – 90 minutes
- Social Studies – 70 minutes
- GED® Test Passing Scores (145-164) per subject; GED® College Ready Scores (165-174); GED® College Ready Credit (175-200).
- Must be 18 years of age, however, 16 or 17 year olds may be eligible if they meet the underage Broward County requirements listed below:
- Provide proof of official High School withdrawal
- Provide proof of passing scores on the GED Ready® Practice Test.
- Complete the CTACE Workforce Education GED® Underage Waiver Application which must be notarized and signed by a legal guardian. This form will be provided from your instructor.
- Complete the Florida GED® Testing Program Underage Waiver Form which you will receive once you begin the registration process online at www.GED.com.
- Submit all documents to your GED® instructor to begin the approval process.
Accommodations are available with prior approval. More information is provided on the www.GED.com website.
The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as ESOL, ABE, GED®, or AAAE. In addition, these programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Franzie Williams, Director of Office of Admissions
(754) 321-5732 or Franzie.Williams@browardschools.com