GED® Test Preparation
Classes are ongoing, register today. Contact your program counselor or Ms. Julie Lang, Secretary for Adult General Education
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for academic and personal success through obtaining the necessary skills required to pass the Official GED® tests and be awarded a State of Florida High School Diploma. This program strives to motivate students not only to obtain GED® , but also to utilize the acquired skills in the workforce and to achieve career training and job placement success.
The GED® program is open-entry/open-exit and self paced. Instruction will be provided, using a variety of instructional materials, in the four (4) subject areas measured on the GED® Tests:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
GED® Test Preparation Program Schedule and Cost (both remote and on-campus classes are available):
|M – Th (plus F online)||8:30 am – 11:30 am||$30*|
|M – Th (plus F online)||12:00 pm – 3:00 pm||$30*|
|Online||12 hours per week||$30*|
Enrollment is open and students can register at any time.
There is a one time a year activity fee of $20*
*Fees are subject to change without notice.
Take Your GED® Test
McFatter Technical College now offers the GED® test on computer; take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options ($32 per test subject)
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge.
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com.
Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts – 150 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
- Science – 90 minutes
- Social Studies – 70 minutes
- GED® Test Passing Scores (145-164) per subject; GED® College Ready Scores (165-174); GED® College Ready Credit (175-200).
- Must be 18 years of age, however, 16 or 17 year olds may be eligible if they meet the underage Broward County requirements listed below:
- A Valid government photo ID, passport or driver license
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Fee for the GED® Test Preparation Program – Payment Methods include debit or credit card.
- Proof of withdrawal from High School (Letter on school’s letterhead.)
- Permission from parent(s) or legal guardian
- Instructors recommendation, which must include documentation of achievement scores of 145 or above on each subtest of the official GED® Ready practice test taken at McFatter Technical College.
Accommodations are available with prior approval. More information is provided on the www.GED.com website.
The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as ESOL, ABE, GED®, AAAE, and TEAS. In addition, these programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Franzie Williams, Director of Office of Admissions
(754) 321-5732 or [email protected]
Adult General Information trimester calendar: