Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technology
THE NEXT ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY (EKG) TECHNOLOGY CLASS
Unravel the secrets of the mysterious heart that has captured our imagination for thousands of years. Make a difference in your life and that of many others by joining our Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technology program. With a blend of theory, detailed skills labs and convenient online assignments, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to be a well-qualified EKG technician. EKG Technicians operate equipment that records and measures heart activity, which is used to assist cardiologists and physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) issues.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|HSC0003||Basic Healthcare Worker||90 Hours|
|MEA0540||EKG Aide||75 Hours|
|MEA0541||EKG Technician||300 Hours|
Program Hours and Schedule
465 Hours | 5 Months | Hybrid*
Monday – Thursday, 3:30pm – 10:00pm
This program is offered twice a year in August and January.
*Students enrolled in distance education and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
|Florida Resident Tuition:||$1,302|
|Out of State Tuition:||$5,208|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance and Trust Fees:||$267|
|Industry Certification Costs:||$117|
|Florida Resident Total:||$1,961|
|Out of State Total:||$5,867|
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Fees listed are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar.
Industry Certification and Licensure
Certified EKG Technician (CET)
• Cardiology Offices
• Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) ($15) or provide official documentation for a TABE exemption to your program counselor.
• Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
• Applicants must complete a physical examination report, immunization record, drug screening (approved vendor only), and background check (approved vendor only).
• Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Meghan Emerson, Certified School Counselor
(754) 321-5891 or Meghan.Emerson@browardschools.com
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.