Education & Training
Early Childhood Education
Enter a career in the education and training field!
The Early Childhood Education program prepares the student for employment as a lead preschool teacher in a private preschool setting. With successful completion of this program, the student will earn the Florida Department of Education Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) along with the Florida Department of Education Children and Families Staff Credential.
The major areas of training for this program include the mandated Department of Children and Families (DCF) 45-hour courses, along with creating and implementing lesson plans, interpersonal relations, community issues, developmentally appropriate practices (DAP), children with special needs, professionalism and employability skills. Students enrolled in this program will be prepared to pursue the national Child Development Associate (CDA).
Student will receive hands-on training in class and through an assigned internship at a private preschool.
|Course Number||Course Title||Length|
|HEV0870||Child Care Worker 1||150 hours|
|HEV0871||Child Care Worker 2||150 hours|
|HEV0872||Teacher Aide (Preschool)||150 hours|
|HEV0873||Preschool Teacher||150 hours|
|FL Resident Tuition||$1,680|
|Out of State Tuition||$6,720|
|Books and Supplies||$171|
|FL Resident Total||$2,091|
|Out of State Total||$7,131|
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Please visit studentaid.gov to apply.
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPE) ǀ Staff Credential
- Private Preschool Lead Teacher
- Private Preschool Assistant Teacher
Graduates may be awarded credits towards an Associate of Science Degree or Associate of Applied Science Degree at select Florida state colleges. Please click here for additional details.
- Schedule a basic skills assessment ($15) or provide official documentation of a basic skills exemption to your program counselor/advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor/advisor for basic skills assessment results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Program registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
600 hours/Part-Time: 10 months
August and January
*Students enrolled in distance and/or hybrid programs must have daily access to a computer with internet and a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students must have all necessary hardware and software components required by their program.
Days & Times:
- Monday – Friday,
9:15am – 12:45pm