Digital Photography Technology
Complete in 10 Months!
NEXT CLASS BEGINS March 30, 2020 (Click Here for more information)
The Digital Photography Technology program is a comprehensive training for the industry that will teach you how to take control of your digital SLR camera. Students will learn the basic functions of a camera so that they can begin to shoot on manual mode and create high-quality images. Instruction includes studio lighting and how to use professional lighting equipment for portraiture. Students will also learn to create how to videos and cinemagraphs.
Through the use of books, videos and demonstrations about digital photography, students develop proficiency in the use of:
• Compositional elements of design
• Studio Lighting Techniques
• High Dynamic Range (HDR) images
• Indoor/Outdoor Silhouette images
• Lifestyle Portraits
Students learn image techniques and digital manipulation using Adobe Photoshop and have the opportunity to become an Adobe Certified Associate in Photoshop. After completing the program, employment opportunities are available and range from working in a portrait studio to being a freelance photographer.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|PGY0190||Photographic Specialist||150 Hours|
|PGY0191||Photography Technician||300 Hours|
|PGY0192||Studio Photographer||300 Hours|
|PGY0193||Digital Photographer||300 Hours|
Program Hours and Schedule
1050 Hours | 10 Months | Hybrid*
Class: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 11:30am
Online: Monday – Friday, 12:00pm – 2:30pm
This program is offered five times a year in August, October, January,March and June.
* Students enrolled in distance education and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
|Florida Resident Tuition||$2,940|
|Out of State Tuition||$11,760|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance and Trust Fees||$483|
|Industry Certification Costs||Included|
|Florida Resident Total||$3,521|
|Out of State Total||$12,341|
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Fees listed are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar.
Industry Certification and Licensure
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
• Multimedia Designer
• Advertising Photographer
• Commercial Studio Photographer
• School Photographer
• Freelance Photographer
• Still Life Photographer
• Science Photographer
• Nature Photographer
• Video Editor
• Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) ($15) or provide official documentation for a TABE exemption to your program counselor.
• Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
• Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Meghan Emerson, Certified School Counselor
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact