McFatter Technical College CARES ACT – May 22, 2020
McFatter Technical College has received funds from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
(CARES Act). The CARES Act established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to
provide emergency financial aid grants intended to assist college students with expenses incurred due to disruption of
campus operations. These funds will be disbursed to students to assist with food, housing, course materials,
technology, healthcare, and childcare costs associated with significant changes to delivery of instruction due to the
In accordance with the federal CARES Act, McFatter Technical College’s total HEERF allocation is $603,976 of which
$301,988 will be awarded to students as emergency financial aid grants in the amount of $500 each.
Following guidelines from the US Department of Education, McFatter Technical College will disburse these financial
aid grants to students whose learning was disrupted as a result of campus closures which resulted in instruction being
delivered remotely. Students who were enrolled exclusively in an online program prior to the declared
emergency, are not eligible for these financial aid grants.
• Enrolled in an MTC on-campus and/or hybrid/blended Career and Technical Education certificate program
as of March 16, 2020, even if the student had subsequently completed the program at time of grant application.
• Completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA application and met all eligibility requirements for Title IV financial aid OR
are eligible to complete a FAFSA application*.
• Have been financially impacted due to disruption of campus operations caused by COVID-19.
• Possess a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma issued from an accredited school.
• Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen.
• Have a Social Security Number verified through the FAFSA process.
• If a male between the age of 18-25, have Selective Service registration verified.
• Be making satisfactory academic progress.
• Not owe an overpayment on Title IV grants or loans.
• Not be in default on a Title IV loan.
• Have returned fraudulently obtained Title IV funds if convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to charges.
• Not have fraudulently received Title IV loans in excess of annual or aggregate limits.
• Have repaid Title IV loan amounts in excess of annual or aggregate limits if obtained inadvertently.
• Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
*If you have not completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and wish to be considered
for one of these financial aid grants, go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the online application, use McFatter
Tech’s Federal School Code of 030036 and submit all required documents to be eligible for Title IV aid before being
How to Apply for Financial Aid Instructions can be found HERE.
For more information, email [email protected].
Please find our most recent 30 day report below
McFatter Technical College
CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
August 2, 2020
Mcfatter Technical College
CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
Phase 1 Application Period: May 19 to June 15, 2020
Number of Applications Received: 188
Number of Awards as of July 9, 2020: 123
Total Amount Disbursed to Date: $61,500
Estimated Number of Eligible Students: 108
Maximum Grant Award $500
June 18, 2020
- An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
On April 26, 2020, McFatter Technical College submitted its Certification and Agreement to the U.S. Department of Education and intends to provide no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 1800(a)(1) of the CARES Act to students as emergency financial aid grants.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
McFatter Technical College received $301,988 to provide emergency financial aid grants to students through Broward County Public Schools’ G5 account.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
The application deadline for the first phase of distribution closed on June 15, 2020 with 176 applications being submitted. As of June 18, 2020, McFatter Technical College has distributed $31,500 to students. It is anticipated that an additional $21,500 will be disbursed by June 25, 2020.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of June 18, 2020, McFatter Technical College has estimated that 108 students are currently eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are eligible to receive a CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid grant because they have incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is anticipated that this number will increase due to the encouragement for students who have not completed a FAFSA to do so if they wish to be considered for one of these emergency financial aid grants. The next phase of application acceptance will be released by July 15, 2020.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of June 18, 2020, 63 of McFatter Technical College students have received an emergency cash grant.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
McFatter Technical College reviewed enrollment and attendance records to identify eligible and potentially eligible students. Based upon this approach it was determined that each eligible student could receive $500 in an emergency financial aid grant that would be accessed via an application. Any remaining funds will be used to make additional emergency cash grants available by application until March 15, 2021, or when funds are depleted.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Instructions, directions, and/or guidance provided to McFatter Technical College students may be found at https://www.mcfattertechnicalcollege.edu/cares-act/. The announcement related to available funds was also made available on McFatter Technical College’s Instagram site at https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgEerVFpLQ/
Report as of June 18, 2020. The next report will be provided by August 2, 2020.