Advanced Welding Technology
If you are ready to enhance your skills in the welding industry, our Welding Technology – Advanced program is for you! This program will refine your skills in gas and electric welding equipment and your work with steel and aluminum. An emphasis will be placed on pipe skills. This advanced level program also consists of:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) techniques
- Pipe Fitting Fabrication techniques
- Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) skills
- Emerging technologies directly related to geographically relevant welding needs.
The Welding Technology – Advanced program requires successful completion of Welding Technology and requires instructor approval.
|PROGRAM NUMBER||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM LENGTH|
|PMT0075||Advanced Welder 1||600 Hours|
|PMT0076||Advanced Welder 2||150 Hours|
- Schedule the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or provide official documentation for a TABE Exemption.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for TABE results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
Program Hours and Schedule:
750 Hours/7 Months/Hybrid
Full-time days: Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 2:30 pm, Friday-Online
Part-time evenings: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Wednesday-Online
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification/qualification performance exam.
- Welding Technician
- Plumber, Pipe Fitter
- Structural Metal Worker
- Brazer and Solderer
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Fabricator and Fitter
For information about national and program accreditation, please contact the institution.
|Florida Resident Tuition||$2,100.00|
|Out of State Tuition||$8,400.00|
|Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees||$658.00|
|Books / Supplies||$317.00|
|Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||$0.00|
|Florida Resident Total Cost||$3,075.00|
|Out of State Total Cost||$9,375.00|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions Counselor for Advanced Welding Technology:
Mary Barone, Certified School Counselor
(754) 321-5840 or [email protected]