PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
Rapid Credential Program
Are you eager to become a multi skilled provider in a growing medical field? Under the direct supervision of a professional nurse, the Patient Care Technician will come in direct contact with the patient in the performance of his or her assigned duties. This program is a blend of classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction. Course content includes:
- Personal Patient Care Skills
- Principles of Infection Control
- Home Health Care Services
- Physical and Safety Functions
- Phlebotomy Procedures
- EKG Modalities
- Restoration Therapy
- CPR, and more
|Program Title||Program Length|
|Basic Healthcare Worker||90 Hours|
|Nurse Aide and Orderly (Articulated)||75 Hours|
|Advanced Home Health Aide||50 Hours|
|Patient Care Assistant||75 Hours|
|Allied Health Assistant||150 Hours|
|Advanced Allied Health Assistant||100 Hours|
|Patient Care Technician||60 Hours|
- Schedule the Basic Skills Tests or provide official documentation for a Basic Skills Exemption to your program counselor.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor for Basic Skills Tests results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Applicants must complete a physical examination report, immunization record, drug screening (approved vendor only), and background check (approved vendor only).
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Please be advised that registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
- For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (754) 321-5700.
Program Hours and Schedule:
600 Hours/6 Months/Hybrid
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
This program is offered twice per year in August and January
Industry Certifications and Licensure:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Nursing Homes
- Home Health Agencies
|FL Resident Tuition||Out of State Tuition||Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees||Books, Supplies||Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs||FL Resident Total||Out of State Total|
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Rachel Victor, Certified School Counselor
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 754 321 5700
For additional information about national and program accreditation, contact the institution.