Patient Care Technician
Enter a career in the health science field!
Rapid Credential Program
Are you eager to become a multi skilled provider in a growing medical field? Under the direct supervision of a professional nurse, the Patient Care Technician will come in direct contact with the patient in the performance of his or her assigned duties. This program is a blend of classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction. Course content includes:
- Personal Patient Care Skills
- Principles of Infection Control
- Home Health Care Services
- Physical and Safety Functions
- Phlebotomy Procedures
- EKG Modalities
- Restoration Therapy
- CPR, and more
|Program Title||Program Length|
|Basic Healthcare Worker||90 Hours|
|Nurse Aide and Orderly (Articulated)||75 Hours|
|Advanced Home Health Aide||50 Hours|
|Patient Care Assistant||75 Hours|
|Allied Health Assistant||150 Hours|
|Advanced Allied Health Assistant||100 Hours|
|Patient Care Technician||60 Hours|
Item Cost FL Resident Tuition $1,680.00 Out of State Tuition $6,720.00 Registration, Activity, Lab, Test, Insurance, and Trust Fees $364.00 Books, Supplies $293.00 Industry Certification & State Credential Exam Costs $265.00 FL Resident Total $2,602.00 Out of State Total $7,642.00
Fees are based on the number of class days according to the Broward County Public Schools’ calendar. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Please visit studentaid.gov to apply.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Nursing Homes
- Home Health Agencies
For additional information about national and program accreditation, contact the institution.
- Schedule a basic skills assessment ($15) or provide official documentation of a basic skills exemption to your program counselor/advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with your program counselor/advisor for basic skills assessment results and/or a program specific orientation.
- Register for classes during open enrollment. Program registration runs on a first come, first served basis.
600 Hours/6 Months
August and January
*Students enrolled in distance and/or hybrid programs must have daily access to a computer with internet and a valid email address that they check daily. Additionally, students must have all necessary hardware and software components required by their program.
Days & Times:
- Monday – Thursday,
7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Follow McFatter’s Department of Medical Technology