Digital Media Technology
NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE 12, 2017
If you’ve imagined yourself in an exciting career in the popular world of media, Digital Media Technology is for you. This program prepares students to compete in a global workforce. Master multimedia production skills using digital audio and video, recording and editing motion graphics, with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat. Those who complete the program will be sought after by the media industry as designers and technicians.
The software that the student will be working with includes:
- Photoshop – The leading photo editing software in the world today!
- Illustrator – Turn your drawings into electronic illustrations or create illustrations right in the computer.
- InDesign – If you have ever designed a flyer or brochure and not used InDesign, get ready to be blown away with what this incredible software will do.
- Acrobat – The software that is used to create documents for business.
- Dreamweaver – Have you ever gone surfing on the internet? If you have, most of the web sites that you have surfed were created with this legendary software.
- Premiere – Ever wanted to create a music video? This is the video editing software that will make it awesome.
- Take the test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Mrs. Franzie Williams by calling (754) 321-5732
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Digital Media Technology course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have or achieve acceptable scores on the TABE: Reading – 10.0 Math – 10.0 Language – 10.0 all on the “Difficult” level before completing certificate in Digital Media Technology.
- Complete FAFSA online, if needed, and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor.
Total Program Length: 750 Hours/Online/10 Months
Total Program Schedule:
Students enrolled in a distant and/or hybrid courses should have daily access to a computer with internet and must have a valid e-mail address that they check daily. Additionally, students should have all necessary hardware and software components required by their technology program or adult education course.
Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Council on Occupational Education
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by selected Florida State Colleges.
Ms. Mary Barone, Counselor for Digital Media Technology
(754) 321-5840 or (754) 321-5700
Approximate Total Program Cost – Tuition and Fees:
Florida Resident – $2280.00
*Prices subject to change.
Click Here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.